Group Style

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Hi
Sorry for posting this question in a wrong place, I'm new at this.
And yes I try to give style to the OutlookGroupBox in the grid, like change font colors.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Hi Carlos,

No problem :)
Since the grid is taking the look of Krypton it is currently not possible to change the styling of the items in the GridGroupBox.
However using the source code you can change the way the buttons are rendered and for example changing the font color in the OnPaint function :
 if (_paletteBack.GetBackDraw(PaletteState.Normal) == InheritBool.True)
                        {
                            //Back
                            using (GraphicsPath path = renderer.RenderStandardBorder.GetBackPath(renderContext, rectangle, _paletteBorder, VisualOrientation.Top, PaletteState.Normal))
                            {
                                _mementoBack = renderer.RenderStandardBack.DrawBack(renderContext,
                                    rectangle,
                                    path,
                                    _paletteBack,
                                    VisualOrientation.Top,
                                    state,
                                    _mementoBack);
                            }

//Border
                            renderer.RenderStandardBorder.DrawBorder(renderContext, rectangle, _paletteBorder, VisualOrientation.Top, state);

//Text
                            TextRenderer.DrawText(e.Graphics, current.Text, _palette.GetContentShortTextFont(PaletteContentStyle.GridHeaderColumnList, state), rectangle, _palette.GetContentShortTextColor1(PaletteContentStyle.GridHeaderColumnList, state),
                                TextFormatFlags.EndEllipsis | TextFormatFlags.VerticalCenter | TextFormatFlags.SingleLine | TextFormatFlags.PreserveGraphicsClipping);

//Sort Glyph
                            renderer.RenderGlyph.DrawGridSortGlyph(renderContext, current.SortOrder, rectangle, _paletteDataGridViewAll.HeaderColumn.Content, state, false);
                        }
You can specify a different font here by example. By extension you can also completely change the look of the other objects in the OutlookGridGroupBox.
Does this help you ?
Jul 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Edited Jul 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Yes it helps me, I'll se what I can do since I was hoping to do it without touching the source code
And I wanted to add style so I could differenciate the parent group from the children, but I assume that if I change the soruce code, all the groups will be the same

Thanks